Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Plein Air Painting on Old Davis Road/Becker, Davis

. It was a beautiful morning. Our group came looking for an old barn. Actually, there were several old barns, barking dogs, lots of junk, eg. cars, tractors, sheds, etc. on the site. Sunflowers were farmed last year and the field was ready for planting. I did several sketches and added and eliminated until I finally found something for painting. I sketched more on my watercolor paper and then even added more while painting the scene. It was one of those days. Warm, sunny with just a little wind. No-one around other than our group. I should have taken a photo, since the painting is very different with my additions and rearrangements. It was fun to fuss with the painting and hope that I didn't do too much. I've always lived with the rule that watercolor painting is like golf; the fewest strokes wins.

No comments: