Friday, February 16, 2018

Morning in Huatulco Old Town

I brought my painting gear into town and there were 3 tour buses. This is not a large town, but a simple Mexican layout with a central park and a church. A cruise ship was in port and the buses were from there. They eventually left and everything quieted down. A local asked where I was from, we got to talking and he directed me to this upstairs coffee shop on the corner, as a good place to paint. No one was there but me. By noon it was full of regulars. You had to know where the stairs were to get there. I was pretty much finished by noon but got a lot of comments and was surprised by the many who spoke English. One fellow asked if I would be back next year because he wanted to buy a fishing reel from Walmart. It is wonderful to get lost in your painting and then wake up to a totally different exchange.

No comments: