Friday, December 26, 2014

Naughty

I was invited to paint a valentine for the annual Valentine Show at the Nelson Gallery at UC Davis. I had this pair of stilettos from a white elephant gift exchange at the neighborhood poker group Christmas party. It just opened a flood of thoughts for a valentine. I painted the shoe and was putting a For Sale ad next to them; FOR SALE BY OWNER, USED ONCE, CONDITION NAUGHTY. When I finished, I read the instructions for the show and nothing was to be larger than 12x12 inches. My Stiletto painting was 16x20. My 10yr old granddaughter arrived and thought the painting was wonderful but could use some eye lashes. And there you have it; a painting is reborn.

1 comment:

genuine_pills said...

Now that is art. Its really nice. Colors are vibrant and it looks so alive. I wish i had like those cute little guys hehe. This is how the internet connects us all together and share ideas even if we are far away from each other. By the way, you might want to use the internet not just for blogging but also make money online by joining an affiliate program. This is the power of the internet. You can stay home and still be an enterprenuer