Thursday, December 5, 2013

Winter Painting





The Urban Painters retreated inside as the temperature dropped and an arctic blast arrived in town.  What better than paint in Patris's Gallery with hot coffee on hand and even some freshly prepared soup to finish up the morning.  This time of year is when I drag out all of those plein air studies that could be redone or refinished.  The interval is short as I will head to Mexico and be back outside doing my painting. 

This still life is 12X22 and on 300 lb Arches paper.  I loved putting the persimmon reflections on the blue bowl and the on the surface drape.  I also saw this fold in the cloth they were on and put it in.  This careful painting is something that I rarely do when outside.  I am more of a gesture painter and usually leave the details for the viewer to add.

No comments: