Thursday, May 5, 2011

Plein Air Painting on San Francisco Bay

After being away in New York City for 2 weeks it was wonderful to get out painting on the bay. The day was perfect with a warm sun and no wind. 'Sunshine almost always makes me high' was John Denver's mantra and I believe it.
I visited a lot of art galleries while away and saw the American Watercolor Society show. The latter is always a treat because it is my media. I object to the selection of recurrent theme paintings. These were great ideas the first time done and selected, but to keep selecting new versions of the same subject by the same artist in the show eliminates new works by others. I have a fascination with abstract modern art. I think that it is art to new level and takes me awhile to take it in. There was plenty to see in New York City.

No comments: