Monday, March 31, 2008

Ready for launch

Painted this picture thinking about summer and fun on the water. My son and I had sailing lessons on San Francisco Bay a few years ago. We needed some official document that testified to our abilities so we could charter wherever we went. It was great fun and excitement. Sailing on the Bay has to be one of my best experiences.
Tomorrow, I will be there to launch my Boston Red Sox as they open the 2008 season against the A's. It is schizophrenic for me since my other favorite is the A's. However, the Boston grip is much tighter having grown up with them and gone to Fenway as a youngster with my dad. Wonderful memories of hot dogs, peanuts and big crowds. It was good training because baseball is the perfect escape from the world's woes; it is the postponement of adulthood.

No comments: