Tuesday, January 11, 2011

How Plein Air Painters Handle Bad Weather

Happy New Year. You want to go out and paint but the weather is brutally cold. There is a strong pull to reading or computer surfing. I just returned from a wonderful holiday with grand kids for 2 weeks and did no painting. I see the little ones so seldom that I gave them my full attention. Now, the combination of cold weather and time off makes painting difficult to start. I remember driving by a boat sitting up on a bank;it was in terrible shape. I went online to get some boat images that fit what I remembered. Next I tried a couple of sketches and now I had the juices flowing. I turned it all around and came up with something that I had to paint. I call it 'A Labor of Love'. Can't wait for the weather to change but this was fun.

No comments: