Monday, November 8, 2010

My Muse

The Muses are nine goddesses in Greek mythology who control and symbolize 9 types of art known to Ancient Greece,  My muse is a depot.  It is a source of inspiration for me, with its wonderful Spanish architecture.  It is an icon for Davis, CA.  I gather my paints and setup somewhere around the building and jump right in.  There is some urgency at the station with travelers waiting and little kids waiting for different reasons.  The big engines roar into and out of the station.  I am nearly always engaged by someone while painting.  It maybe a traveler, a greeter, a homeless person who will stay and monitor my progress.  This creates a deadline as I work to develop a finished painting.  Maybe this is why I am attracted to the station; my procrastination ends.

No comments: