Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Spring Mud Puddles

Our group went out a country road to find a painting location. A large stack of wet rotting hay next to a pickup truck was my subject. You can see the tracks where cars or trucks have driven through the wet mud. I was challenged to paint these mud puddles and get some cast reflections. In the background is the blue mountain chain of Winters. All went well until time to leave and I got my car caught in the mud. The front of my car just went deeper as I tried to rock my way out. The hay bales saved me. With lots of help from my fellow artists who stuck pads of hay under my tires, I eventually got out. The car was covered with mud. Stopped in a carwash on my way home but some mud still remains. I also have plenty of mud inside. Quite an outing.

No comments: