Saturday, September 3, 2016

A Whimsical High

The Kite Shop is a favorite site to paint when spending the summer in Harwich on Cape Cod. This is different from previous paintings. I wanted to make it whimsical since this is the way one of my buyers described my work. She said she always smiled when looking at my art. I tried painting a whimsical style many years ago but gave up on it. In this painting my intent is to paint the place where whimsy abounds. Every kid here drags a parent there to find something to make them happy. So, why not paint the entire scene as a fun site? My idea of being creative is to interpret with art. I wish I could interpret and paint in an abstract style which is another level of creativity. I am interpreting in whimsical terms. It was fun and I will try it again.

No comments: