Friday, September 18, 2015

Kayaking the Bog

Such a great day for painting. I was out to Bells Neck in Harwich and met up with a couple of guys crabbing. I remember the days when I could not drag my kids away from this place when catching crabs. Sun was brilliant and the air clear. I did block the path into the little wooden bridge so I could paint in the shade. Usually, this is a buggy place but there was not one to bother. The tide was just starting in and along came some kayaks. I've wanted to put them in my painting but they don't stay around long enough. Yesterday, while painting at the river, several were preparing their kayaks so I sketched them. We are having the best weather for painting on Cape Cod that I can ever remember. I had fun but the crabbers were drawing up empty baskets.

No comments: