Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Yacht Club


Plein air painting was difficult due to the wind.  I have not painted for months on San Francisco Bay and was anxious to get back there.  We went to Tiburon, found a close parking spot, and set up for painting.  It wasn't long before an easel blew over and then another painters paper flew off the easel. Nothing landed in the water.  The sun was warm and brilliant but that wind kept gusting.  Wind is the most difficult condition to deal with when out painting.  We could not shield ourselves from the wind gusts.

I did no sketching but set up and painted quickly.  This is a much edited scene from what was out there. Probably, that was fortunate, since I was done in an hour.  I will need to return since there were so many things I wanted to paint.

No comments: