Friday, November 11, 2011

San Francisco Summer


Next May marks the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge. I love painting it from the Sausalito side and looking up from underneath at Fort Baker. Summer in San Francisco has a lot of fog which rolls in off the Pacific Ocean and eventually occludes the Golden Gate. It is pretty much a daily occurrence. The bridge and city are scoured and cleansed so that it can sparkle. There is a small light house under the bridge which I put in this painting. While the breaking fog covers the bridge and city, the east side of the bay including Sausalito, Tiburon, etc are spared until the very end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I have lived in SF and Sausalito, I also MA near Cape Code in Rocky Nook. This is a lovely painting with rich colors of the bridge area. Beautiful setting near the lighthouse ;)

oloidifemi said...

Woah! Nice painting! wε̲̣ll waterately applied!
U are simple an artistically artist of genousity!
Keep it up! If u havε̲̣ a bb u could add(21AC81FF) me so we could chat more on ur works!
I am a painter too!u could also check out M̶̲̅y works n leave ur comments!

Senami said...

Hey, I was in SF just a month ago, and this is an amazing painting that reminds me of the great time I had there. Keep it up.